It’s an exciting time for parents and little ones but making the switch back can be stressful. Here are a few tips to help parents and kids adjust to the hectic days inside the classroom and to get the most out of their childhood years.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule. Gradually incorporate more structure over time. Kids thrive on routine, make sure they get the recommended 10-11 hours of sleep every night. Parents could try wind down quiet time, white noise machines and other sleep apps, along with classic storytelling and shadow puppetry. It’s great fun for the whole family.
- Plan ahead. Organize everything the night before. Layout clothing, make healthy lunches and get homework and backpacks ready ahead of time. Elaborate bento box lunches and appealing finger food are on-trend. Simple sandwiches also freeze well!
- Attend museums or afternoon programs to get into the scholarly frame of mind. Mommy and child yoga classes are a good way to bond, spend some one-on-one time and learn how to ommmmm, chill and relax.
- Get your kids no-tie laces. Give your teachers some slack so they can focus on teaching instead of tying laces all day. Make the school run easier and save minutes each morning! Shoelaces can be challenging for small children. Slip them on and forget about it.
- Safety first! No more tripping, no more tiny fingers awkwardly fumbling over laces and ties. Help your kids be more independent and free. They won’t have to ask others to assist them with their loose laces all the time. Remove unnecessary obstacles.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It can be something as easy as overnight oatmeal or classic eggs and bacon.
- Check-in with your kids with a monthly calendar and weekly talks on their progress! Set a timer for reading and homework! Increase attention span and focus on tasks at hand.
- Foster decision-making skills by letting kids choose their own outfits. Create stand out lewks with our new emoji design laces and no-show socks. Walk the walk, let your laces talk and show your #mood. We <3 emojis so much, we put them on our laces. Cropped pants are also stylish and trendy. Add to the look with our comfortable well-made no-show socks.
Share the love with Xpand’s referral program. Spread the word on social media and share your affiliate link with your community. For every purchase get 10% directly deposited into your account. That’s what we call a win-win! Learn more here.